Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Thank You Thank You Thank You

I try to always remember to write thank you notes. I will admit it doesn't always happen, but I do try.  Writing a thank you note is such a good way to trick someone into thinking you are thoughtful and well-mannered. Leah Dieterich has taken it to the extreme with her blog THXTHXTHX. Although sometimes silly, it is a nice reminder to be appreciative of things.

These days there are so many instantaneous  ways to communicate that taking the time to hand write a note  and put it in the mail feels rather substantial. I try to write thank you notes for the following things:

gifts- especially if someone MAILS me something
staying at someone's house
a thoughtful favor
a meal- traditionally called a bread and butter note, I save these for relatives, older people or someone I don't know well (a friend of a friend etc), because if I wrote thank you notes every time i had dinner at a fiends house i would be writing thank you notes ALL THE TIME.


thank you note from near modern disaster

some resources:

emily post on thank you notes

a treasury


No comments: